Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Considering the Big Picture, I’m Pretty Lucky!


Some days I still feel the shock of “I have brain cancer”.  However, when I look around me and see what many others are going through, I count my endless blessings. 

This is the start of my sixth week of radiation treatments, which puts me at the Florida Hospital Cancer Center at least 5 times a week.  Each time I am there I realize how fortunate I am to be able to walk in under my own power.  As any parent does, I worry about my kids every day, especially with this going on, but at least they are old enough to not need constant attention.

Waiting room full of friends and family while I was in surgery.
My bout with cancer has brought my family closer together, which is not always the case.  I am continuously amazed at the support that I receive from my wonderful friends and family (plus the extended network of their friends and family).

I honestly don’t believe in luck, so rather than doubling down, I simply give thanks that my situation is what it is and not worse

No comments:

Post a Comment